Becoming an East and West Learning Connections Member
We cordially invite you to join the East And West Learning Connections (hereafter the Organization) as a registered member!
We are a federally registered non-profit organization based in Toronto. We help people of different heritages break cultural barriers and get connected by bringing learning, communicating and volunteering opportunities to the public. Please visit our home page (click here) to check out more details about us.
In addition, we provide special programs and extra benefits to our registered members.
- Members have full access to all club activities and announcements. For popular programs that have limited space, members will have the priority to receive notices and to register first. For some costly events, members will get discounted rates.
- Throughout the year, we will organize fun events from time to time for members only, such as online member salons, morning reading group, cultural field trips, nature walks, parties, and so on – you are more than welcome to contribute ideas to add to the list!
- We engage members with both conventional and innovative volunteering opportunities to apply their talents, participate in the society, and make a difference to the community.
- Once you become a member, your families, including parents, partner and children will be automatically entitled to the above mentioned membership benefits.
- Adult members with 1 year of membership or more will be eligible for the nomination of a new Board Director position when such a position is vacant.
All registered members must agree to follow below rules:
- Treat all other members with respect and friendliness, regardless of their cultural backgrounds or socio-economic status.
- Follow the purpose of the Organization, and keep it as a non-political, non-religious, but purely cultural and not-for-profit organization.
- Abide by our guidance policies on Code of Conduct and Ethics, Conflict of Interest, Anti-Discrimination, and Privacy. You can read all the policies here (click here).
- Try best to be present at the Organization’s Annual General Meetings to review the reports of the board, and contribute to the shaping of the Organization’s growing path with your suggestions and votes.
We also hope you will be an active participant in our activities, an advocate for the Organization, and a frank idea/suggestion contributor.
Here’s how to become a registered member of the Organization in 2023:
- Pay an annual membership fee: $20 in Canadian dollar per member for adults; $10 for minors (age of 13 to 18).
- Submit an online application form if you have not done so previously or if you wish to update your profile.
- Agree to be a volunteer, and give a hand to the Organization when possible.
We have been running totally by volunteers. without the great support of our members and volunteers, we could not have done all the work for the community. The support includes, but not limited to
* Day-to-day operations: drafting marketing materials, designing posters, video editing, social media management, website maintenance, marketing, etc.
* Translations and interpretations of our website content and/or programs
* Helping with ad hoc events
* Event planning, and guest speaker invitation
* Helping with fundraising campaigns
* Helping with grant research and application
For membership fee, you can pay (PLEASE give your name and indicate it’s for membership 2023 in the memo. THANKS!)
- With an electronic bank transfer to email@example.com,
- On PayPal Using a credit card, and pay to firstname.lastname@example.org or click this button.
- By mailing a cheque, payable to East & West Learning Connections – please email email@example.com for the mailing address.
- By other means or in other currencies – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are as curious as us about all civilizations, and wish to make friends with like-minded people, and want to help build a vibrant, diverse and inclusive community, just join us.
Professionals or homemakers, adults or young students, everybody is welcome!
- Please consider to support us by volunteering, donating, or participating in our endeavor to help people of different heritages break cultural barriers and get connected. Together, let’s make learning and connections happen!
Sponsor us now (click here)